Spring Cleaning Guide
Table of Contents: Start Your Spring Cleaning
- An Introduction to Spring Cleaning
- Kitchen Cleaning Tips
- Bedroom Closet Cleaning Tips
- Home Office Cleaning Tips
- Outdoor Spaces Cleaning Tips
- Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring has sprung. And you know what that means? It’s time for spring cleaning. Make the most of the warmer weather and tackle those projects that have been driving you nuts all winter long.
Spring is a season of renewal, so give yourself a fresh start and fresh perspective in your home. The faster you start and finish your cleaning projects, the more excited you will be to enjoy the sunshine.
So put away your flannel, pull out your Kirby Avalir vacuum cleaner and get ready to clean.
Your kitchen has probably suffered quite a bit this winter. From holiday parties and potlucks to chili and chicken soup disasters, your kitchen is just begging for some attention. Spring cleaning is the perfect excuse to address these messes.
Start simple by cleaning your floors and scrubbing your walls. Then, tackle the harder-to-reach areas under the refrigerator and around your light fixtures. Simply use your Kirby vacuum attachments to easily clean these areas.
Looking for a deeper clean? One area you should focus on every spring is your freezer. Take everything out of your freezer and store it in coolers. Turn off the power to your refrigerator and wipe the interior with a mixture of hot water and baking soda. Repeat this same process for the exterior of your refrigerator.
Use this opportunity to discard anything that has been in your refrigerator past its expiration date.
Your bedroom closet is one place you should clean every season. It’s an easy place to start your spring cleaning and it can actually be therapeutic. Nothing feels better than rotating out your winter clothes for your spring and summer wardrobes. Now is the perfect time to pick up everything that’s on the floor and use a Kirby vacuum to clean up any dust bunnies that snuck in over the winter.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Wash or dry-clean any of your winter coats or garments before storing them and make sure you only keep what you wore.
- If you went the entire winter season without wearing an item of clothing, it’s probably a sign that it’s time to get rid of it.
- Donate any of your winter apparel that you don’t want and go through your spring clothes as you pull them from storage.
- Be sure to plan ahead and make room in your closets for any upcoming spring wardrobe additions.
You probably spent many winter nights in your home office with a blanket and book. But now that spring is on the way, it’s time to re-organize this space so you can be more productive during the warmer months.
No one wants to spend sunny days working, so by organizing your home office now, you’ll be able to work more efficiently.
Use these tips to guide your spring cleaning efforts:
- Organize your files and review your insurance policies, contracts and household inventories.
- Clean your computer inside and out. Clean your screens, keyboards and accessories. Make room on your computer by deleting things you don’t need and backing up your important files.
- Discard any piles of old magazines, newspapers or flyers you don’t need.
- Use the drawers and storage options you have in the room to clear away clutter. The cleaner your space, the easier it will be to focus on the tasks at hand.
- Vacuum any walls or cabinets that surround your computer with the Kirby duster brush. The static from your computer attracts dust to these areas.
One of the most important places that will need some TLC as spring approaches is your yard. Make your outdoor spaces functional for family activities, picnics and warm summer nights.
Once your outdoor space is ready, you will finally feel like spring has sprung.
Use these tips to guide your cleaning efforts:
- Clean porch ceilings and walls with a hose and wash cloth. Sweep up cobwebs, dried leaves and other debris.
- Scrub your deck, patio, driveway and sidewalk. Eliminate mildew stains using a bleach and water mixture.
- Thoroughly wash your outdoor furniture and cushions. Give everything a good scrubbing and machine-wash fabric, pillows and cushions.
- This is also the perfect time to clean out your garden and start planning your new flowerbeds.
- If it’s time to apply a fresh coat of paint to shutters or furniture, the Kirby portable sprayer can make the job easier for you.
Spring is in the air. That means you can finally run outside, take bike rides, go hiking and start gardening. So before you start spending all your free time outdoors, freshen up the inside of your home for spring.
Use this checklist below and your Kirby vacuum and attachments to help you prep for the warmer weather ahead:
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Vacuum walls and ceilings
- Dust books and shelves
- Clean upholstered furniture
- Vacuum mattresses
- Clean and buff hard floors
- Polish wooden furniture
- Vacuum window treatments
- Vacuum ceiling fans
- Dust refrigerator coils
- Vacuum car floor mats and upholstery