Find Out How to Get Dirt Out of Carpet
A little dirt never hurt anyone, right?
Despite your most valiant efforts, it’s nearly impossible to keep mud and dirt from being tracked through your home. Whether it’s your son’s football cleats, your husband’s work boots or your dog’s paws, dirt is an inevitable part of life.
For the most part, dirt and mud stains are harmless, but it is vital that you treat these stains as soon as possible to remove them. Find out how to get dirt out of carpet now.
Dirt & Mud Spot Treatments
There are a variety of options for how to get mud stains out of carpet. Use the following stain removal tips to take care of any isolated incidents:
- Scrape off as much mud as you possibly can and blot the stain with a clean white cloth.
- Apply Multi-Purpose Spot Remover PLUS OXY liberally to the affected area and use the cloth to work it into the carpet. Allow the cleaning solution to sit for 10 to 15 minutes for best results.
- Clean the area by repeatedly blotting, or blot once and shampoo with the Kirby carpet cleaning shampoo system.
- If any stain remains, repeat steps 2-4.
- After drying, vacuum thoroughly.
Dirt & Mud Deep Clean Treatments
As a homeowner, you should deep clean your carpets by shampooing them at least twice a year. This is an especially important step if you’re wondering how to get dirt out of your carpet. Regular deep cleaning means that when you do need to spot clean, your work will be easier and more effective. If you live in a home with pets or small children, it might be important to deep clean your carpets more often.
Use the start of each new season as a reminder to deep clean your carpet. The Kirby home care system has an optional carpet shampoo attachment that can help you remove the layers of dirt and grime that build up over time.
Using our deep cleaning machine is simple and effective:
- Quick-drying process
- Impressive and fast results
- Convenient cleaning whenever you need it
- No need to hire expensive cleaners or rent bulky equipment
Plus, our carpet shampoo system features a portable Kirby shampoo attachment that can make cleaning stairs a simple task.
There’s no excuse to let a little mud or dirt stop you from having a clean home. Invest in the right tools and keep your home clean and your family happy.