Learn How to Get Ice Cream Out of Carpet
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream Stains
What’s summer without ice cream? When the summer sun is beating down and you’re looking to keep cool, nothing beats an ice cream cone.
But, what do you do when your ice cream melts faster than you can lick it? The little puddles that form under your cone are inevitable, and while such a stain might seem harmless, knowing how to clean it is important.
Most ice cream stains are protein-based, making them difficult to remove from carpet and clothing. However, with the right Kirby carpet cleaner you can learn how to get ice cream out of your carpet and safely enjoy another cone.
Fresh Ice Cream Stain Removal
As with most stains, the quicker you can treat the drips on your carpeting the better. Follow these simple steps to quickly and effectively clean your carpet:
- Remove the bulk of the ice cream, then blot the stain with a clean white cloth.
- Apply Kirby Multi-Purpose Spot Remover plus Oxy liberally to the area and work it into the carpet with a clean white cloth.
- Allow the cleaner to penetrate the stain for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using clean water and a clean cloth, blot the area repeatedly. If any stain remains, reapply the cleaner and repeat the above steps.
- When dry, vacuum the area to ensure that no residue is left in the carpet.
How to Get Dried Ice Cream Out of Carpet
If you weren’t lucky enough to catch the ice cream spill when it happened, rest assured you can still save your carpet.
- Start by using a butter knife to scrape any raised residue from the carpet. You will want to remove this dried stain before you treat what is underneath.
- Next, simply follow the same exact steps for removing a fresh stain from your carpet using Kirby Multi-Purpose Spot Remover plus Oxy and an absorbent cloth.
Kirby Stain Removal Tips
It’s important to expect the unexpected when it comes to your carpet. Stains are inevitable, especially if you have carpeting in high-traffic areas of your home.
Replacing your carpeting can be expensive, but by using your Kirby Avalir vacuum and cleaning supplies, you can make a major impact on the longevity of your carpet. Just a little extra attention can keep your carpet looking and feeling fresh.
Make an investment in your home; choose the Kirby home care system and Kirby carpet cleaning supplies to keep your home clean.