How to Vacuum Stairs Properly
With all the nooks and crannies, sometimes cleaning your stairs can seem like an impossible feat. Getting into corners and cleaning each individual stair can be difficult with an upright vacuum.
The Kirby system gives you two powerful ways to clean your stairs:
1. The Portable Mode
This gives you the full power of the Kirby upright in a smaller size that is easier to maneuver on stairs.
- Convert your Kirby system to a portable stair vacuum cleaner by removing the upright handle and attaching the portable handle.
- After attaching the portable handle, place the Avalir system on one of the carpeted stairs.
- Put the TechDrive® pedal in neutral and turn the unit on.
- Roll the cleaner back and forth so that the brush roll agitates the carpeting and loosens the dirt.
2. The Canister Mode
Stop messing with weak handheld vacuum cleaners and use your Kirby Avalir vacuum to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Your Kirby vacuum includes several attachments to clean your stairs with ease.
- The optional Zippbrush attachment is perfect for steps; the spinning brush dislodges embedded dirt and debris.
- The crevice tool makes it easy to clean corners and edges.
- The upholstery tool can also be used to loosen dirt on carpeted steps.
Need some additional tips on how to vacuum stairs? Learn more about all your Avalir is capable of by reading your Kirby instruction manual.