Using Your Kirby vacuum on Hardwood Floors
With a simple turn of the belt lifter, you can transform your Kirby vacuum cleaner into a straight suction cleaner. Straight suction prevents the brush roll from spinning and avoids potential scratching of delicate wood floors:
- Use the belt lifter to disengage the brush roll. This will prevent the brush roll from spinning and will allow the Kirby system to clean using suction power only.
- Put TechDrive® power assist in neutral to prevent the rear wheels from spinning.
- For added protection, you can attach the optional Hard Floor Pad.
- First, attach the optional floor buffer nozzle to your Kirby vacuum cleaner.
- Remember to turn off TechDrive power assist by simply flipping the switch on your machine.
- Raise the cleaner to its highest setting and turn your Kirby system on.
- Lower the brush roller and move the cleaner slowly over your floor at the same speed you would a traditional vacuum cleaner.
- You can even use this Kirby vacuum attachment with carnauba wax if desired.
The Kirby vacuum cleaner is designed to handle the hardwood floors in your home with ease and efficiency.
Kirby Accessories and Home Care Extras
Kirby takes just as much care and attention when creating products for your hardsurface floors as we do your carpets. There are a variety of our cleaning supplies created specifically for the wood floors and other hard surfaces in your home.
Shop Kirby Home Care for:
- Heavy duty hard surface cleaners
- Moptastic Floor Finishers
- All-purpose cleaners
- Miracle wax rollers
- And More!
Find all the cleaning products you need to keep every surface in your home clean.