If you’ve found yourself saying, “This year I will get my house clean and organized!” a time or two, you probably had the best intentions but no plan of action of follow. That’s ok, we are all guilty of it! Life gets buys and the last thing we want to do when we get home is clean. As with any resolution, you start out strong but slowly fizzle out as time goes on. In the spirit of new beginnings, this month’s blog includes cleaning resolutions that will make your home a more beautiful, efficient, and clean place in the coming year! We know how hard it can be to come up with New Year Resolutions, so we hope these tips help you and your home remain clean in 2019!
Before we unlock these cleaning tips, do you know where the key to your cleaning success lie? It lies in your calendar! Once you’ve identified your cleaning tasks, make sure to write down your tasks on your calendar! Just like any other task you must complete, make this a priority and post it somewhere you will see daily!
Here are some cleaning tips to help you incorporate into your daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule! The best part? Even if you fall off track, you will be able to jump right back in at any time!
Daily Cleaning Tasks
: There are a few quick, daily chores that everyone can chip in to do, and you can mark it off your daily “to-do” list! Daily tasks like these are simple yet set you up for success. They make you feel accomplished right off the bat because you’re able to cross something off your list before even walking out the door!
Weekly Cleaning Tasks
- Make the beds.
- Put dirty clothes in the hamper.
- Wipe down the sinks and countertops.
- Wash the dishes
- Vacuum or mop with your Kirby high traffic areas.
- Pick up toys and extra clutter.
: Weekly chores can be assigned to every person in the house. The best part of weekly chores is that everyone can get them done on their own terms, as long as it’s done on time! The perfect way to accomplish your assigned chores is picking out a day or two of the week to tackle them. Remember, write them down on your calendar for a reminder each week!
Monthly Cleaning Tasks
- Bedrooms: Laundry, includes towels.
- Kitchen: Clean all appliances, clean the sink, scrub the stovetop and disinfect counter tops.
- Bathroom: Wipe down mirrors and clean the tubs.
- Entire House: Dust furniture, vacuum, mop, and sweep floors using your Kirby.
- Paperwork: Sort through your bills, throw away unnecessary clutter, file important documents!
: These tasks are ones that may often get overlooked, or only need cleaned or organized every once in a while!
- Clean and reorganize your refrigerator and pantry.
- Organize play areas, office space, bookshelves or toy compartments. Wipe down the keyboard, mouse and toys.
- Clean the windows, floorboards, ceiling fans and air vents. Your Kirby has attachments for these specific monthly tasks!
We know this might seem like a lot as you read this, but when you break it down and write it out on your calendar, you’ll be surprised at how clean and organized your home will become when everyone does their part cleaning! Remember, make this New Year Resolution just as important as your other ones. Soon, you’ll think of yourself as a magic cleaning fairy!