The Kirby Company is seeking a sales-driven Channel Development Manager to support the growth of our portfolio of products, including Genuine Kirby aftermarket parts & accessories, ReadiVac vacuums, and the legendary, American-made, Kirby home cleaning system.
This job will require the ability to work well with internal and external customers along with strong multi-tasking capabilities, critical-thinking skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit to grow the business. The Channel Development Manager is responsible for increasing sales and profits by creating new channel opportunities and developing existing customer relationships.
- Build and manage relationships with Kirby’s global network of customers, including vacuum shops, wholesalers, retailers, service centers, etc., to increase sales and revenue
- Implement various activities and strategies to grow the distribution and direct sales channels
- Utilize strong financial acumen to manage business case development and return on investment calculations on projects and new market entry
- Ensure outstanding customer service and on-time shipments for all customers
- Manage Kirby product servicing, factory warranty, and all related components including training materials, customer support lines, etc.
- Serve as the liaison between Kirby and key partner associations, such as VDTA
- Act as a key representative of the business for the assigned product responsibility during development as the functional requirements are established
- Tracking of project initiatives and deliverables along with metrics and KPIs to achieve target results and delivery
- Work closely with cross functional teams to participate in product lifecycle development
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales/Marketing, or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in channel management or product sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, and written skills
- Proven work experience in a cross functional environment with successful results
- Should be a self-starter and can work independently as well as with groups
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Prior consumer/durable goods experience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to arrive at insights from data, is essential for market and competitive evaluation, pricing and line management