Cleveland, OH 44102
Salary: $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
The Kirby Company has always employed talented people who take pride in their work accomplishments. These dedicated individuals include not only the Kirby employees that craft our home cleaning systems by hand, but also the personnel that has made our successful company run smoothly and efficiently for more than 100 years in all of the functions such as Marketing, Accounting, Supply Chain, Compliance, Engineering and Human Resources. Yes, Kirby still makes products like they used to…only better! And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team to keep that tradition.
1. Manage the production and supply base quality, tool, agency approvals and product design for manufacturability.
2. Establish standard policies and procedures for all quality control activities to ensure continuous production.
- Defines and drives the process to achieve quality and cost improvement with ownership over changes to design, operations, quality and supplier.
- Monitors and makes recommendations for company-wide quality issues to include communication and awareness, education and training, employee involvement, quality assurance and customer satisfaction for internal and external Kirby products and services.
- Establishes and maintains control system for new model launches, including budgetary controls for quality testing, production tooling and agency approval. Coordinates launch with toolmakers, suppliers and production.
- Supports purchasing cost reduction efforts towards quantified goal.
- Provides technical support to Engineering, Purchasing, Materials and Operations, acting as a liaison between Marketing/Sales with product related issues.
- Prepares and implements short and long-term goals to support and enhance the company’s quality, cost, supply based development and design for manufacturability efforts.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline
- 10 – 15 years of progressive quality engineering experience
- 4 years experience with quality control responsibilities
- 4 years experience with agency standards and requirements to include UL 1017 and IEC 60335
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 5 years or more managerial experience
- Budgetary responsibility experience
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues ranging from product performance, analysis and troubleshooting to debugging of systems.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Office and Plant Environment
- Ability to maneuver through plant and various production lines
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate with external & internal customers
Go to all jobs