SIGN-UP FOR THE KIRBY NEWSLETTER
As a Kirby owner, you will want to make sure you sign-up for our monthly newsletter to receive coupons, cleaning tips, and more.
Cleveland, OH 44102
Salary: $38,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Title: Human Resource & Payroll Specialist Salary Grade:
Department: Human Resources Last Updated: 1/6/21
Exemption Status: Exempt Benefits Level: Salary
Reports To: Human Resource Manager Direct Reports: 0
The Human Resource and Payroll Specialist will lead the processing and management of scheduled payrolls for each of the Company’s divisions, maintain employee time records, and perform administrative tasks to support effective and efficient operations of Kirby’s Human Resource Department. Payroll duties include ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the payroll system and each payroll, collecting and processing employees’ timesheets and payroll data, calculating wages, issuing statements, detailing earnings, and preparing paychecks. This role will be responsible for assisting the
Human Resource Manager with complex and specialized administrative tasks, including reviewing job applications from prospective employees, managing and overseeing records, and generating reports.
Essential Functions – Human Resources:
• Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
• Assists in the onboarding process of new hires, including employment applications and background checks.
• Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with the
HR Manager to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions.
• Ensures all new hire paperwork is received, processed, and accurately filed.
• Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
• Assists with processing of terminations.
• Assists with the preparation of the performance review process and ensures all documentation is accurate and retained.
• Files documents into appropriate employee files, while maintaining confidentiality.
• Prepares and assists in preparing correspondence as requested.
• Assists the Human Resource Manager with benefits administration including open enrollment, additional enrollments, changes, and terminations.
• Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, or other Human Resource programs and recommends corrective actions and process improvements.
• Serves as liaison for employees outside of Kirby’s World Head Quarters, ensuring employees’ needs are communicated to the Human Resource Manager and/or properly handled.
• Performs periodic audits of Human Resource files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
• Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of Human Resource files and records.
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are incompliance.
• Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, and employee recognition events.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Functions – Payroll:
• Takes ownership of the payroll process and addresses the outcomes.
• Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the ADP payroll system, including employees’ compensation data, time and attendance, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
• Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
• Maintains payroll records and files all payroll related paperwork following each pay period. Provides reports on payroll records as needed.
• Monitors and tracks employee vacation and sick records for all employees. Reconciles discrepancies and maintains accurate time-off balances.
• Complete month end processes and procedures including payroll journal entries for Accounting. Work through reconciling differences and account balancing with the Accounting Team. Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
• Issues or reissues physical or replacement checks or direct deposits as needed.
• Responds timely and accurately to employee requests
• Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
• Prepares, manages, and processes garnishments, court orders, and payments. Maintains and files related documentation.
• Creates and compiles internal and external reports via ADP’s custom reporting system as needed
• Leads year-end process including preparing, auditing and distributing W-2’s
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years related experience required in Human Resources and Payroll.
• Proficient with ADP payroll
• Expert in ADP payroll, ADP time & attendance with multi-facility experience.
• Knowledge and experience with ADP time and attendance.
• SHRM-CP credential preferred.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
• Self starter. Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Ability to work with and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Proficient with ADP time and attendance and ADP payroll or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Working understanding of Human Resource principles, practices and procedures.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Plans own workload to ensure all assignments are completed on time.
• Completes assigned tasks given from Human Resource Manager.
• Office environment.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.