Learn the Truth about Kirby Complaints and Job Opportunities
You may have seen Internet posts or heard people say things like “Kirby jobs are a scam,” or “Kirby is a scam,” but do you even know what they mean?
Before you make any judgments about these Kirby complaints, learn the truth about what independent Kirby salespeople do for a living, and what it’s like to be an independent Kirby salesperson. Find out why they use in-home demonstrations to sell the Kirby home care system.
Common myths …
- Kirby salespeople spend money upfront to sell Kirby vacuums
- Kirby salespeople are promised lavish incentives that they never receive
- Salespeople are promised money even if they make no sales
- Kirby salespeople are unethical
- Kirby salespeople are thrown into the field with little or no understanding of the product
The truth is …
- Absolutely no investment is required to become an independent Kirby salesperson.
- Each Kirby salesperson is an independent contractor. They are not employees of the Kirby Company. This gives them the ability to set their own hours and control their own future. They earn commissions on the sale of Kirby home care systems from Kirby Distributors who are also independent contractors; the more they sell, the more they make.
- Earning a living on commissions is different than working an hourly wage job. With commissions, you may put in many hours with no financial results. However, there is no limit to how much you can earn each week when you do make sales.
- Kirby salespeople are invited to attend an in-depth orientation program where they learn all about the home care system as well as basic sales skills. No prior experience is required. Daily meetings by independent Kirby Distributors provide additional opportunities to learn time management, money management, negotiation skills, and communication and leadership skills.
- Some, but not all, Kirby Distributors offer financial incentives to salespeople to demonstrate the vacuum – even if the salesperson doesn’t make a single sale. Distributors do this because they know that the more the salespeople demonstrate the vacuum, the more likely they are to make a sale. If you interview with a Kirby Distributor who offers such a program, make sure you understand all of the requirements you must meet to qualify.
- It can be hard facing rejection. That’s why Kirby salespeople have the opportunity to compete for amazing trips, cars, electronics, and other incentives offered by independent Kirby Distribtuors that encourage sales and build morale. Complete rules and details about these prizes are always available from the independent Distributor for your review.
- Kirby Salespeople observe the highest standards of character, honesty and integrity. They abide by the Direct Selling Association’s Code of Ethics.
- For over 100 years, Kirby has been as much about offering others the opportunity to own their own business as it is about building the best vacuum cleaner available. In-home demonstrations provide salespeople the opportunity to earn a living and ensure that the customer gets to experience all of the features of the Kirby home care system to the fullest. Nothing compares to trying the vacuum in your very own home.