Cleveland, OH 44102
The Kirby Company has always employed talented people who take pride in their work accomplishments. These dedicated individuals include not only the Kirby employees that craft our home cleaning systems by hand, but also the personnel that has made our successful company run smoothly and efficiently for more than 100 years in all of the functions such as Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Supply Chain, Compliance, Operations, Engineering and Human Resources. Yes, Kirby still makes products like they used to…only better! And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team to keep that tradition.
Position Summary: Administer cost accounting activities ensuring accurate costing and valuation of Kirby’s production, cost of sales and inventory activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly closing accounting activities related to inventory, including Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and reserves for worldwide parts and Kirby West die cast.
- Prepares associated management reports
- Completes all year-end adjustments and schedules as appropriate
- Reconciles monthly general ledger and perpetual inventory reports
- Analyzes and investigates discrepancies
- Reviews all debit memos to vendors of non-conforming parts relating to inventories and labor chargebacks
- Provides support for internal and external audits as needed
- Plans the yearly physical inventory at all Kirby locations
- Revalues physical inventory to the next standard material cost
- Assists in AOP budget process, provides cost information related to labor overhead, material and hrs/unit
- Maintains item master and cost accounting system
- Any other duties/projects as required. Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Minimum two to three years’ experience in accounting role
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility
- Self-starter with proven ability to work with minimal supervision or on a team as required
- Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Office environment on a regular basis with access to Manufacturing plant attached to office
- Position will be using office equipment such as computer, mobile phone, office phone to communicate with internal and external customers daily.
- Must be able to physically communicate with internal and external employees and vendors through electronic, verbal and face-to-face communication.
- Ability to travel to office regularly and work non-traditional hours during monthly close, as needed.
Go to all jobs