SIGN-UP FOR THE KIRBY NEWSLETTER
As a Kirby owner, you will want to make sure you sign-up for our monthly newsletter to receive coupons, cleaning tips, and more.
Cleveland, OH 44102
Salary: $15.00 to $16.82 /hour
Title: Engineering Admin Assistant Salary Grade:
Department: Engineering Last Updated: 15-Jan-21
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt Benefits Level: Salary
Reports To: Vice President – Engineering Direct Reports: 0
The Engineering Administrative Assistant works closely with all engineering personnel to effectively manage the workflow of the engineering department. Primary responsibilities include Engineering Change Order (ECO) management, maintaining department purchase orders and supplier files, department expense tracking, creating and maintaining department documentation and general administrative support. This position will also assist the team drive process improvements to streamline and automate administrative workflows.
• Manage Engineering Change Order (ECO) process flow from ECO creation through to release of drawings and maintaining all ECO, BOMs and document files in multiple systems.
• Prepare purchase orders and material requisitions in addition to maintaining department files for vendors, contractors, expense tracking, etc.
• General administrative support to the VP of engineering and managers for patent files, correspondence, preparation of presentations, etc.
• Document processes and procedures, and work to implement process improvements, and streamline administrative tasks.
• Additional responsibilities as required.
• Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Required Skills & Experience
• 5+ years’ experience in ECO and engineering department administration.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• CAD system experience (Siemens NX, Solidworks, etc.), AS400 or other MRP system, databases and file systems.
• Good financial understanding, mechanical aptitude, and experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Teams and Office to implement automated workflows.
• Project management training and experience.
• High level of computer proficiency and knowledge of CAD systems.
• Primarily office environment.
• Long periods of sitting.
• May be required to lift up to 25 lbs. at times.