Shampoo an entire room, or clean up a small stain with ease. You get professional results with our specially formulated dry-foam process. It reduces excess moisture which can damage the backing of carpet.
- Cleans and brightens tired carpets
- Reduces dust mite allergens
- Dry foam formula – carpets dry quicker
Important: Read warnings and full directions on product label.
Step-by-Step Carpet Shampooing Instructions
Thoroughly vacuum your carpet before shampooing to remove any loose dirt and debris.
- Set Up the Kirby Shampoo System
Convert your Kirby home care system to a shampoo system:
- Remover the outer permanent bag and the power nozzle from the unit
- Assemble and attach the shampoo nozzle and tray to the cleaner
- Fill the shampoo tank with Kirby Carpet Shampoo and water and attach to exhaust port. (Be sure the sponge and suds screen are in the bottom of the tank)
- Attach the small flexible hose to the shampoo tank and tray
- Start Shampooing
You’re now ready to scrub your carpeting.
- Lower the cleaner and turn the Suds Control Valve ON
- Turn the cleaner ON and move it back and forth to scrub the carpet
- When finished, turn the Suds Control Valve and cleaner OFF. Wait 5 minutes
- Then, turn the cleaner back ON and move it over the foam to pick up any excess
Allow the carpet to dry, then vacuum up the dirt and debris that the shampoo solution has forced to the surface.
Need additional help with your Kirby Shampoo System? View our How-To Video below or call us at 1-800-437-7170.